Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Still Don't Understand How APS Does Their Calculations

Every month APS has a little chart in their online billing site. It purports to show a summary of the bill and how you use the energy purchased from APS. Part of that is a comparison of "my home" to "the average home". A recent month showed "my home" used $11 and "the average home" used...$11. Yet "my home" uses more energy than "the average home" according to this same chart. Yeah. Like the average home uses $11 worth of electricity a month. Check your bill. And since when is $11 more than $11?

And if you take their breakdown of where the money goes, it adds up to $23. Don't know where they studied math, but it sure doesn't match what we do in "my home".

Scroll down for the latest case of insanity...



OK, here's the current month. This time "my home" and "the average home" both used $9. Yet the two points on the chart aren't aligned. "My" $9 is higher on the chart, does that mean my money is worth more???

And this month, my $9 is made up of components that total $28. So I use less and it's worth even more? Is there anyone out there who works for APS that can explain this total nonsense?

No comments: