Thursday, November 20, 2008

Solar install- Day 3 (...and the whining begins)

Day three brought us the monopoles for tracker/panel mounting. They have been set into the holes and braced into a vertical position. We were in Phoenix with Parker for a leg check, and so I didn't get the chance to get photos of the install and welding that happened. I got photos early this morning of them set in place.

Each pole is in the ground about 7 feet, with another 9 feet or so above ground. I haven't measured, I just did a "stare check". In the one photo I am next to a pole to show scale.

About the "whining". I got a message from a neighbor all worried that these trackers are going to block their view. Well, I'm assuming he thinks that more are still coming, because if the lineup continued to the West, they would be visible to him (though there's nothing he can really do about it, everything is approved, permitted, and legal). The units that are in place are all that will be installed, and they provide no more visual blocking than our existing trees and shrubs, and besides these folks are out of town half the year, and the "view" is from the patio towards the valley. The houses across the road block more. Anyway, I'm betting he drops in today to voice his concerns and I'll reassure him.

Looking West down the line at pole #1


Post in the hole showing temporary bracing


Me next to pole #3, neighbor's house behind

2 comments:

Susan said...

Okay that settles it... you need new neighbors. KC, Marci and I are moving in! :-D You guys are so cutting edge.... I LOVE IT! :-D :-D

Carollee said...

We've always liked your Clarkdale "digs" but this one's the best!
Let me know if you find any signs of ancient villages and I'll be right over.
Don & Carollee