Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Solar install- Day 2

The second day of the install project was mostly more trenching. The four holes have been dug for the tracker foundations. Each hole is roughly 3' x 3' x 6" deep. Conduit is in place from each tracker site back to the side of the garage where they will enter. From my perspective it was a lot of work today and yesterday--I moved several thousand pounds of boulders and rocks that used to be in the areas being cleared. I also cut down several large bushes and a tree that needed to go. The excavators pulled the stumps with a backhoe for me.

A few photos from today:

Inside the garage where the inverters and other equipment will be located


More trenching and digging down the line


One of the holes, hard to tell but this one is almost 7 feet deep!
You can see the conduit that will take the wires back to the garage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I'm tired now...

Signed,
Jack Dalton