Friday, February 04, 2005

Sam's Watching

John asked to see a picture of Sam. So, here he is, sitting for his portrait. He's wearing a fleece sweater from the "K9-couture Collection". He's my constant shadow, keeping tabs on where I am around the house. Sometime's he's too smart for his own good. Case in point, during the summer months Deb and I went to the neighbor's house down the road to drop off a package to them. The drop off turned into a glass of wine, then into dinner. At about 9 pm (the dogs' feeding time) I heard a noise at the neighbor's door. I looked out and Sam was there waiting for me. He had found a window that was open about 12" in my office, and pushed the screen out and exited. He tracked me down to the neighbors to bring me home. The other dogs (and cat) were asleep on the couch when we got back.

Rule of thumb--deadbolt the doors and close the windows when leaving. (He can turn the doorknobs with his mouth and open the door too...)

No comments: