Monday, November 21, 2005

The New "Classic" Look



I wanted to work on replicating the style of vintage postcards so that I could recreate the look and feel using some modern digital photographs that I have taken. Above is my first attempt of the "old" look. I photographed the Clarkdale Classic gas station this past weekend. The station has been around since the early part of the 1900s. The overall look hasn't changed much, but the trained eye will see that the gas pumps are too new, and other items are of the wrong time period. Still, an interesting effect I think. Post your feedback!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

'Sup? I always wanted to renovate an old gas station to live in! I'd buy that postcard for a quarter! See you later, maybe!
Leslie

ps notice no pics on my blog yet! I suck.

Anonymous said...

I need a bigger picture to really see it. Neat.